At Brigstock Latham’s CofE Primary School, we are committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of all of our pupils and staff to ensure that our school is a place where everyone feels able to thrive. Positive mental health and wellbeing is essential for children and young people to be able to flourish and lead fulfilling lives.
“Mental health is a state of well-being in which every individual realises his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community,” (World Health Organization, 2014).
At our school, we:
- Promote self-esteem,
- Encourage children to be confident and celebrate differences,
- Support children in understanding their emotions and feelings,
- Equip our children with the tools to be resilient,
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum with a focus on the ‘whole child’,
- Facilitate a sense of empowerment and inclusion,
- Listen to the views, wishes and experiences of all children and provide meaningful opportunities for children to share these.
Mental Health First Aiders in school
Miss Jessica Griggs (Deputy Head teacher, DSL, SENDCo)
Mrs Nicky Hill (Learning Support Assistant)
Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing School Governor